Monday, March 19, 2012

Yummmy...Homemade Little Debbie Oatmeal Cookies

Thanks to Pinterest and this gal http://bloomingonbainbridge.blogspot.ca/2011/11/oatmeal-creme-pies.html, I found a recipe for one of my favs! I decereased the amounts of butter, but left everything else the same.

Oatmeal Cream Pies:
1 1/4 cup margerine/butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar (packed)
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
3 cups oatmeal
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon

Heat oven to 375 F. Mix all ingredients together and drop by rounded tablespoon 2" apart on parchment lined baking sheet.

Bake for 10 minutes, leave on pan for 2 minutes to cool. Remove from pan and cool completely.

Cream Filling:
1/4 cup soft margerine/butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups icing sugar
1 - 2 Tbsp cream
Combine all in bowl and beat on low until well mixed. Then beat on high until light and fluffy.

Spread 1 Tbsp cream filing between 2 cookies.

I did a trial run a few weeks ago and they were a huge hit with my family. Today I made them again, this time a double batch. They're coming to my next Bible study for my friends to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment